Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Peer Review

Yesterday I peer reviewed two of my classmates film. I observed a noted and lot of interesting things I seen. For starters, I like the fact that the film was different from what you would think everybody else is doing. I figured everyone would be doing a horror or suspense movie so that the opening sequence would be cool. However, the boys a reviewed did a action movie on a ex military sniper. The veteran was going through his normal daily morning routine when he gets a call for the military for another mission they need help with. The transitions are very clean. Everything seem like it flowed together. This idea is different and not very common which shows that the boys did not take the easy route. That's the one thing I can say I genuinely liked about their film.  
One suggestion I would make towards the film is the level of diegetic to non-diegetic sound. Throughout the entire film there was a music in the background. There was also some dialogue and sound that you can actually hear (diegetic sound). However, it is hard to fully concentrate on one sounds if all of them are overlapping each other. If you are going to have music in the background of your film then there it has to be soft and low enough to where we can still hear it but we may also fully hear and understand the dialogue. Having them both too loud may confuse the reader on what they're suppose to be focusing on. Also, I noticed that the film lightening was bright. When I think of war (even though it is a action movie), I think of the dark army green color and other gloomy colors. I didn't get that sort of vibe when watching the film. It seemed very happy instead of serious. One adjustment I would make to the film is maybe make the brightness or contrast darker. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Journal 7 - Based on Field trip 5 - Downtown Fort Myers

 Due to a family vacation that was already set in place, I could not participate in this field trip. This is a complete bummer because I rea...