Thursday, February 27, 2020

Editing Blog

The previous three days I have been filming the clips in the movie where none of our main characters are needed. For example, the pan view of the neighborhood and the close up on the tree, basketball, an basketball goal. Also, I did the medium shot of the door on the house. All of these clips represented a different scene in the film. The pan shot of the neighborhood is the very first clip of the movie to open it out. The close ups on the basketball, basketball goal, and the tree is the scene after the girl gets injured and is laying down on the court. This scene shows the dramatic effect behind what happened. The door scene is more towards the end of the opening scene when the boy returns and knocks on the door. When I began editing, I did it on my phone. I did it on my phone because I don't have pinnacle studios on my laptop at home nor my phone. Due to the fact that I wasn't recording last week, I wanted to make sure that edit my movie so that I wasn't far behind. Plus, since I could not access my school laptop for pinnacle studios, I needed to make sure I had something done to show for peer review. Just like my music video, I did most of my editing on my phone and some on the camera, dumped it on pinnacle studios, and used pinnacle studio for additional editing and sounds/music. The scene of the pan movement of the neighborhood is fading into the basketball scene. The shots of the objects at the park have no effects in transitioning, it goes to the next immediately. I spaced each one of them out because I knew that later I would have to add the main scenes later when I film this weekend. Me and my partner will have more than enough time to get out film done by the weekend. I will be in the scene as a actor and camera woman, maybe. I will continue editing on my phone until we can dump and finish editing on pinnacle studios on Monday in class. Here is a picture of the neighborhood and which will be seen in the opening sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Journal 7 - Based on Field trip 5 - Downtown Fort Myers

 Due to a family vacation that was already set in place, I could not participate in this field trip. This is a complete bummer because I rea...