Saturday, January 18, 2020

Its Been A Minute...

        How's it going? The name's Taylor, if you don't remember, and so far the new year is off to a good start. Last year for AICE Media it was pretty fun but now we getting ready to make a movie which is even more lit. Me personally, have a creative mind so I have a feeling that this project will be a hit. I also don't like losing; even though the project is not a competition. I try to make mine look the coolest and most unique like my Nike commercial and "Finesse" by Cardi B and Bruno Mars music video. Therefore, I don't expect my movie to be no different. I'm going to be with my same partner, Zachary, because I feel like we cooperate well together. We have had our ups and downs however our final results have always came out amazing. I cant wait to see how our movie will turn out.
         So far the class has taught me not only stuff about the media world but also about myself. In the beginning I kept questioning myself on rather this was the right class for me because I knew nothing about editing and making videos and what not. However, I challenged myself by staying in the class and end up not only liking it, but doing very well in it as well. Now I even edit my own videos for highlights with my basketball seasons. I have nothing but this class to thank for it. It thought me about correct focus and how the appropriate effect can really make the video pop and attention grabbing. Also the vocabulary helped me better understanding movies better. For example, when your watching a scary movie and you can tell something big is about to come up, you can heard the suspense music. There's a reason behind this and its to engage the audience and make them scared for whats about to happen next. For this purpose alone, I believe that this is what really makes a film good.
         Pitch is what we are now working on in class for our movie. A pitch is a Hollywood term to describe an idea of a film in about 25 words. One pitch I was considering is the movie Love and Basketball: "Their love had its ups and downs but their love for basketball is what kept them around."
Another is the movie It Follows: "Where one's worst desire results in they're worst fear"
My last option would be the movie Hobbs and Shaw: "When the worst enemies make the best partners to take down the biggest threat."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Journal 7 - Based on Field trip 5 - Downtown Fort Myers

 Due to a family vacation that was already set in place, I could not participate in this field trip. This is a complete bummer because I rea...