Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming Blog

Today’s filming was so hectic! We were suppose to film a total of 5 sports but instead we were only able to get 3 sports in. Stepping outside it seemed like it was 200 degrees. It was so hot and there was so much ripping and running. What made it worst was that we had to do so many takes of each part. Today I was both cameraman and actress. I had to be in the video for the basketball scene. My role was the catch the basketball and immediately start dribbling. Not just any dribbling though, i had to show off my sick handles. At the end of my dribbling, I had to slam the ball on the floor so it can transition to the soccer ball scene with brandon.
I then recorded brandon at his starting point with his foot on top of the ball. He had to then do tricks with the ball with his foot and kick it into the net. That part didn’t take much takes because he did really good on his first try.
The last sport we did for the day was football. We had a Fort Lauderdale football player come out to catch a football for us and score a touchdown. This was probably one of the hardest scenes. It took me forever to figure out what way was best to set the camera to catch the player catching the football. I didn’t know rather to do a close up or over the shoulder or long shot. At the end of it all I decided to go with the over the shoulder shot from the quarterback. Now for him running to score the touchdown, it would’ve been nice to do the tracking shot however we didn’t have to the right equipment. So hand held it was. He scored, did his victory dance and threw it back.
After that it was time to return the supplies and head back to the room. I was extremely exhausted and frustrated not with the work, but with the sun. When we got into the AC building, first thing I did was just sit for a while so i won’t pass out. Then I had to dump all the footage on my desktop. We were limited on SD card readers so I had to wait but I wasn’t complaining. I needed air.  Eventually we got the reader dumped all our videos in a file then saved it. Now next class , that’s where the real frustration comes in. Stay tuned !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Journal 7 - Based on Field trip 5 - Downtown Fort Myers

 Due to a family vacation that was already set in place, I could not participate in this field trip. This is a complete bummer because I rea...