Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Nike Commercial CCR

This is my CCR for my Nike commercial. I have to upload on my blogger because of the global pandemic called COVID-19 or the corona virus. Because of this virus, we cannot go back to school nor take our examinations for this AICE class. That's why I am posting it on here so that my teachers may get it and that Cambridge, I guess, can see it.



Creative Critical Reflection
11.    How does your production use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?
Our Nike production uses the conventions of diverse sports to represent all athletes. It does this by incorporating a mixture of 4 different sports (basketball, football, soccer, and track) and shows how Nike supports every sport. Not only does it support every sport, but also every race, ethnicity, size, and gender equality. In the production, there were both female, male, Black, White, Hispanic, short and tall all wearing some sort of Nike clothing. This is a key that many people look over however is so essential. People would not wear Nike if it did not make them feel comfortable. Nike does not discriminate any athletes from size to ethnics.

2.    How does your project engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?
My project engages with the audience through the uplifting music and constant action. The Nike commercial is not a boring commercial. After every scene, something new and exciting is happening. It encourages the audience to get up and get active in whatever sport they want. It’s hype but at the same time shows how Nike is incorporated in our everyday lives. If it was a real media text, it would be distributed as a short TV commercial on all sport channels (FOX sports, ESPN, etc.). I say sports channels because they’re the most appropriate when it comes to relations to Nike. It can also be distributed on social media. It can appear as an advertisement on certain apps like YouTube, before they play the actual video, or can be reposted by any followers of all Nike social media accounts.

3.    How did your production skills develop throughout this project?
Before this project, I knew very little about how to edit a production. The only editing experience I had was editing pictures and videos for social media. However, throughout this project I learned how to professionally edit videos to make a smooth-flowing commercial. I learned how to split videos into chunks, how to cut a clip out, how to detach sound, how to fade or dissolve into different scenes, how to import a title page, and how to import any sound effects or music. Not only just editing, but also while being the video recorder I learned which angles and shots were best to use for our project lighting and dramatic effect.

4.     How did you integrate technologies in this project?
There were a few technologies used to make this project a success. The most significant one being the camera because without the camera it would be impossible to record any and all footage. We also used a try pod to record all the scenes where we needed the camera to be still while catching an action. For example, when the boy was running doing a sprint on the track. The laptop was also significant because that’s the source we trusted to store all our saved footage and commercial backups. The laptop was also where all the editing took place; on the application titled “Pinnacle Studios”. In order to import our videos on the computer, we need a SD card reader. This is a device that take all the videos from your SD card and move it to the desktop. Lastly, our phones were used as back-up. Just in case the camera dies don’t mean that the due date is moved. I used my phone mostly to plot down anything important that we were doing that day to either help me better understand where I left off for the next day or help me complete my Blogger.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Journal 7 - Based on Field trip 5 - Downtown Fort Myers

 Due to a family vacation that was already set in place, I could not participate in this field trip. This is a complete bummer because I rea...